Since its launch back in 2018, Among US has quickly managed to gather a huge fan base of gaming enthusiasts. It is an incredibly popular game and revolves around spotting an imposter in your ranks. You can play the game with your friends to enjoy an adventurous gaming experience.
However, the sad part is that you can’t play Among Us on your Mac. It is available on other iOS devices of Apple, but no official Mac version has been announced yet. However, you don’t necessarily need to miss out the fun that Among Us has to offer. There are several alternative ways that you can utilise to play Among Us on your Mac. Let’s explore them in detail.
Using iPad and iPhone Apps
You can easily install and play Among Us on your Mac, if it contains an M1 chip. Instead of using BlueStacks, you can install the iOS version of the game on your Mac. The M1 chips are designed to run iOS versions of the games. Though there are few games that are not available in the Apple App Store, but Among Us is. You can install the Among Us on your Apple laptop – Mac by using iPad and iPhone Apps tab of the Apple App Store. Here is how you do it:
- Navigate to the “App Store” on your M1 Mac and launch it.
- Type “Among Us” in the search bar of your Apple laptop – Mac.
- Go to the “iPad and iPhone Apps” tab.
- Click on the “Get” button and download the game.
- Install the game and then play it with your friends.
Using PlayonMac App
PlayonMac is an application for Apple App Store that allow you to play Windows games by through a software called Wine. It is important to note here that Wine does not emulate Windows itself as most of the other methods of running Windows software do. Some users may find this method more performance-oriented, however it is also possible that this method may not work for some users.
- Go to the “PlayonMac official website” using your browser.
- Select “Download” and drag the “.DWG” file into the “Applications” folder once it is downloaded.
- Open the PlayonMac and click on “install” option available in pop-up shown.
- Search for “Stream” and install it.
- After the install, run the “Steam” and login.
- Close the “Steam”.
- Relaunch the “Steam”, and let it update.
- Head to Steam’s “Library” and search for “Among Us”.
- Download and install “Among Us”.
- Once the installation has been done, launch the “Among Us” and enjoy your favourite game.
Using Bootcamp Assistant
If you are a pro gamer and want to dedicate whole system resources to the Among Us game in order to enjoy a full-fledged game playing experience. If this is the case with you, using Bootcamp to install Among Us is the most suitable option for you as it makes the system dual-boot i.e., macOS and Windows. One of the important steps before proceeding to this method is to make sure to download latest Windows 11 ISO from the Microsoft official website. Adding to this, you will also need to carry an empty USB with at least 5GB storage space availability in it.
- Launch “Bootcamp Assistant” on your Mac through Spotlight search.
- Now, opt for “Download the Latest Windows Support Software for Apple” and “Install Windows”.
- In the pop-up box, choose “Windows ISO” file and then select the “USB Drive”.
- After that, choose the space that you want reserve for the installation of “Windows OS” and complete the process. The chosen space should have at least “20GB” of free space available.
- Upon Windows installation, boot the space into Windows and install the “Steam” from its official website.
- Afterwards, launch the “Steam” and login into it.
- Search for “Among US” in the “Steam”.
- Install and enjoy the “Among Us”.
If you want to run Windows 10 or Windows 11 on your Mac, then using Parallel can prove to be a best option for you. It is pertinent to mention here that Window OS needs a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chip for its installation and proper functioning. Parallels is a desktop virtualisation software that makes it possible for you to install Windows OS on your Apple machine (Mac) and subsequently enables you to play Among Us on the laptop. The Parallel also permits you to run both macOS and Windows on your Apple device specifically Mac.
To download the Parallel on your Mac, follow the step mentioned below:
- Go to the “Parallel official website” by searching it through your browser’s search bar.
- Based upon your preference, choose either “Free Trial” or “Buy Now” option.
- Now, click on “Install Parallel Desktop.dmg” folder present in your Mac’s download section.
- Install the “Parallel” on your Mac. It will ask you various permissions while it is being installed. Give it all the permission by clicking on “Okay” for all the pop-ups.
- Finally, Parallel will give you the option to install Windows 11 on your Mac. Click on “Install Windows” to proceed with the step.
- After the Windows installation, you can easily access “Among Us” through Play Store.
Wrapping It Up
Famously known as Mac, Apple laptop is no doubt a best portable device that you may have to do almost every kind of computing operations. The Mac especially comes in handy when you need to be done with fast paced and resource intensive tasks seamlessly. However, it’s limitation to not directly run and install Windows games including Among Us often makes it a less popular choice for gaming enthusiasts. In this guide, we have curated a number of methods that you can opt for in case you want to enjoy “Among Us” on the Mac.